Hey, I’m Lynne Knowlton.
I’m a designer, DIY’er, lifestyle blogger and wordpress wrangler.
I’m always dreaming of good hair days. Because they never happen.
I’m a planner of a good party, and taker of a decent photo.
I like coffee and beer gardens, in no particular order.
I’m a lover of fireflies and hater of fruit flies.
I can’t type and talk at the same time. Those thoughts make my headspace very messy.
I drink well with others.
I like good things and I dislike bad things, unless that bad thing is a dirty martini or poutine.
Chitty chatty, tomfoolery and decorating are a few of my favourite things.
I should come with a warning label: I will re-decorate your house if you leave me alone in it.
I do small things with great love.
And… I’m a Canuck. That’s Canadian, y’all.
Want to know more?
* I’m a crappy cook. I have a thing for food. But not when I cook it.
* I’m a Mom of four awesome kids, and I’m certain that all parents say that about their kids.
* I live with my husband, four kids, the occasional mouse and a ginormous dog named Oliver. Hey, I live in the country. The mice just invite themselves in.
* I’m a wife of a great, down to earth, beautiful soul of a man … with cancer.
Hey, you asked. LOL.
Want to get the down low on my life? All the nitty gritty ? Oh yikes.
Gabrielle Blair from Design Mom interviewed me : My life in a nutshell ~ Lynne Knowlton
AND. Hold your breath. Okay, I’m holding mine.
I attempted to make an ABOUT ME video for you. Making a video is equivalent to standing naked in front of your mother-in-law.
PS. Here’s the link in YouTube : Design the Life You Want to Live
After you watch the video you had better subscribe to my blog.
Oh, the things I do for you. Did you see me dance?!
Have no fear, nothing crazy will land in your email box if you subscribe. No spam. Zip. Just a blog post every Friday. Just the best blog posts on the face of the earth, that is. All blog subscribers are the first to know anything around here. I have a free photo app book coming out soon too. You will be the first to receive that. See, I like you already.
Cheers to that ! Someone celebrate !
Pour yourself a cocktail. Invite me over.
I never share your info with anyone. Ever.
Not even my dog. He’s a pretty private dude.
Here are the brass tacks on how to reach me :
If you write to me, I will answer you. I roll like that.
My email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter : @lynneknowlton
I tweet therefore I am.
Facebook : DESIGN THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE
Occasionally, I lose myself in pinterest for days on end.
It’s dangerous living. Don’t go there. OK, go there. See you in a few days.
You can see my pinterest page here : Lynne Knowlton on Pinterest
Last but not least, I am also an Instagram freakball of an addict. I share super awesome pix in instagram. I can’t help myself. It’s amazeballs over there in instagram land.
Want to really stalk me? We live 2 hours North West of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We live in the middle of nowhere-ville. If you find me, I am the one that looks like I’m having a bad hair day. Everyday.
You can see a bit about our home here : HOME SWEET HOME
And our treehouse (aka my blogging studio) here : OUR TREEHOUSE
There are cool up-cycling, recycling green ideas in those tree house blog posts, if you want to learn how to make an adult sized treehouse and then play in it.
Want to just look at photos ? You can get lost in pictures by playing around in the photo galleries. That’s always fun if you don’t feel like reading words.
I only do work that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to do.
If it isn’t fun, I don’t do it.
All kinds of fab fun can be had in a treehouse. Just sayin’.
Most of my bloggy photos are from my iPhone and photo apps. These are my favourite photo apps.
* I am an APPLE nut. Not the healthy kind that keeps the doctor way. The fun kind…Apple Products.
iExplore, iDesign, iRead, iWrite, iTravel, iTryEverythingOnce
* I hate manuals. I almost dislike them as much as voicemail. Voicemail = Jail.
* I put my energy where it matters ~ My family is my everything.
* I think that hot buttered popcorn is a perfectly acceptable dinner…and my family eats a lot of it. Probably more than I should be admitting to.
* I have pet peeves … like when people say ‘opinions are my own’. Well, of course they are, you wrote them doofass.
I lost my dear Dad to cancer. This was a game changer for me. I was very close to my Dad. He was the roadmap to my life. He taught me how to fight a good fight with integrity, honesty, kindness and to have a big fat laugh along the way (believe it or not). We learned to laugh in between the tears. I think that is why I write so much about cancer now. Therapy with words.
If you would like to read more about cancer and doing EPIC SHIT….you can read about that here : Dear Cancer, I HATE you and I THANK you.
It is my goal to kick cancer in the ass.
Wanna really know who I am?
This is what my kids say about me …
* Always smells good, and can smell anything from a mile away.
* She giggles.
* She is obsessed with her Hunter Rubber Boots, her iPhone and her Camera.
* She LOVES us.
* She likes the house to be clean.
* She is the first person to go to sleep at parties. Always.
* Looks on the bright side and can make a bad situation a positive one. Like Cancer.
* Our door is always open, and there is always room for one more at the dinner table.
* World traveler.
* She makes good muffins.
THANK YOU for hanging out on my blog. I am truly grateful to have you here. If you really love it here, sign up and receive the blog posts directly in your email inbox. You won’t believe all the epic~ness that I give you. For free. Because I love you.
Live simply. Love deeply. Be kind.
Design the life that YOU want to live.
With much love,