Hey, I’m Lynne Knowlton
* I’m a designer, DIY’er, lifestyle blogger and wordpress wrangler.
* I’m always dreaming of good hair days, because they never happen.
* I’m a planner of a good party, and taker of a decent photo.
* I like coffee and beer gardens, in no particular order.
* I’m a lover of fireflies and hater of fruit flies.
* I can’t type and talk at the same time. Those thoughts make my headspace very messy.
* I drink well with others.
* I like good things and I dislike bad things, unless that bad thing is a dirty martini or a cupcake.
* I should come with a warning label: I will re-decorate your house if you leave me alone in it.
* I do small things with great love.
* And… I’m a Canuck. That’s Canadian, y’all.
Do YOU want to know more?
* I’m a crappy cook. I have a thing for food. But not when I cook it.
* I live with my husband, four kids, a ginormous dog named Oliver and the occasional mouse. Hey, I live in the country…the mice just invite themselves in.
* I’m a wife to a great, down to earth, beautiful soul of a man … with cancer.
* Want to get the down low on my life? All the nitty gritty ? Oh yikes. Gabrielle Blair from Design Mom interviewed me : My life in a nutshell ~ Lynne Knowlton
I attempted to make an ABOUT ME video for you. Making a video is equivalent to standing naked in front of your mother-in-law.
Here’s the link to the video in YouTube : Design the Life You Want to Live
Did you watch the video? Did you see me dance?! GREAT. Now I’m blushing from head to infinity. I think this means you should subscribe to my bloggy now. Right. Now. Do it.
Why? You will get a pressie when you subscribe !
It’s a free 50 page downloadable book chock full of my all time fave kick ass photo apps. You will find out ways to create gorgy gorgeous photos, the easy way. You like easy, right? I knew you were a floozy.
Cheers to that !
Pour yourself a cocktail. I’m on my way over to your house.
If you write to me, I will answer you. I roll like that.
My email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter : @lynneknowlton iTweet therefore iAm.
Facebook : DESIGN THE LIFE YOU WANT TO LIVE Like my page or get slapped with a pork chop.
Google Plus : I’m falling on my face learning G+. I dunno why. You can find me here: Lynne Knowlton on G+
Occasionally, I lose myself in pinterest for days on end.
It’s dangerous living. Don’t go there. OK, go there. See you in a few days.
I’m over here : Lynne Knowlton on Pinterest
Last but not least, I share some very coolio pics on Instagram . It’s a place to see some cool photos that I don’t get a chance to post on a blog. It will also give you a sampling of what YOU can do with the photo apps listed in the free book.
Want to really stalk me? We live 2 hours North West of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We live in the middle of nowhere-ville. If you find me, I am the one blogging from a treehouse, looking like I’m having a bad hair day.
You can see photos and get ideas for your home here : HOME SWEET HOME
Want to visit our adult sized treehouse & plan a sweet escape ? You can do that here : OUR TREEHOUSE
There are cool up-cycling, recycling green ideas in these tree house blog posts, if you want to learn how to create your own retreat and then get lost in it. PS. Getting lost is a good thaaang.
Want to come and sleep in it? It is now available for rent on TripAdvisor ! It’s ranked as a top vacation rental with 5 star reviews. It is five star on the chillaxin’ scale.
Want to just look at photos ? You can get lost in pictures by playing around in the photo galleries. That’s always fun if you don’t feel like reading words.
I only blog what I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I respect you like that
If it isn’t fun, I don’t do it.
All kinds of fab fun can be had in a treehouse. Just sayin’. I think you should come and stay a while.
The treehouse will quiet your mind and fill your heart.
There is sadness in my life too….
I lost my dear Dad to cancer. That was a game changer for me. I was very close to my Dad. He was the roadmap to my life. He taught me how to fight a good fight with integrity, honesty, kindness and to have a big fat laugh along the way (believe it or not). We learned to laugh in between the tears. I think that is why I get up the nerve to write about cancer every now and again. Sometimes, I am thankful. Sometimes, I want to punch cancer in the face.
If you would like to read more about cancer and doing EPIC SHIT….you can read about that here : Dear Cancer, I HATE you and I THANK you or watch this video here :
It is my goal to kick cancer in the ass.
Wanna really know who I am?
What my kids say :
* My Mom always smells good, and she can smell anything from a mile away.
* She giggles.
* She is obsessed with her Hunter Rubber Boots, her iPhone and her Camera.
* She LOVES us.
* She likes the house to be clean.
* She is the first person to go to sleep at parties. Always.
* Looks on the bright side and can make a bad situation a positive one. Like Cancer.
* Our door is always open, and there is always room for one more at the dinner table (especially if they bring cupcakes)
* World traveler. She flies by the seat of her pants.
* She makes good muffins.
We recently had the beauuuutiful chance to hang out with Roots Canada this winter and I wrote about it here. I thought it may give you a bit of a glimpse into our family. We even brushed our hair on this fine occassion…
Big love to Marlee MacLean for taking these photos. Kiss. Kiss … and insert a big toothy grin too.
THANK YOU for hanging out on my blog. I am truly grateful to have you here. If you really love it here, sign up and receive the blog posts directly in your email inbox. You won’t believe all the epic~ness that I share. For free. Because I love you like that.
Design the life that YOU want to live.
With much love,