Glaze is a FREE photo app that converts a photo into a painting.
Hard to believe, isn’t it ?!
Well the proof is in the puddin’ and here comes the proof :
What the what what ??
How epic was THAT ?!
Seriously. For reals. Epic.
Amazeballs of painting awesomeness is what this app is all about.
It was love at first sight for me.
And believe-you-me, it takes a lot for an app to become an app favourite. I mean….
Thick as thieves.
I don’t just let any ‘ol app take up real estate on my phone.
* It must knock my socks off.
* It must blow me over with a feather.
* It must take me to the moon and back again
* It must meet all of the above requirements, before I will even so much as blink-an-eye at it.
I want the pizzazz. The whole shebang. The entire enchilada.
It must be epic photo app bliss to make us happy. Right ? Right !
Are you with me on this one?
It has to be sooooo brilliant, we can’t resist it.
If you don’t feel that way about your photo apps, I’m not sure we can be friends anymore.
Unless you like butter tarts. If so, we are friends again. Just like that. Lickity-split.
You’re my buddy.
My butter tart buddy.
Photo apps need to be irresistible.
Like a butter tart.
And free is a sweet bonus too.
Thank Gawd butter tarts aren’t free. I would be the size of a house.
With photo apps, I prefer the price tag of FREE.
What’s that sound ?
Oh that’s the sound of free.
It is super simple to navigate this app. I tested it in a very scientific way.
* I didn’t read any instructions
* I pushed all the buttons to figure out how to navigate it.
* It took me about one minute to learn how to use it.
* I uploaded my crappiest photos to the app.
* I scientifically concluded that if an app can make a crap photo look great, well… then that app is my new bestie.
* Signed, sealed and delivered …..
How do you do this magic painting stuff without magic mushrooms ?
1. Take a photo (or use one from your existing photo gallery on your iDevice)
2. Upload the photo into the Glaze app
3. Push all the buttons and see what paint style of filter that you like
4. Wham bam~ you have a painting, Picasso.
5. Share it with everyone you know and pretend you painted it all by yourself.
6. Tahhh dahhh you are suddenly an exquisite painter.
Becomes a painting.
Ohhh ehhmmm Geeeee.
Save the photo to your phone or share it on Facebook, Twitter, email, or as a postcard.
You can even have a postcard printed and shipped anywhere in the world. I didn’t try that. I was impressed that I could possibly send it as a postcard. I don’t mail things. Why? Our local post office is located in a bakery. Seriously. A bakery. Filled with butter tarts. And pie. Torture. I gain 5 pounds just walking through the post office. And you think I joke. Do I need to show you my muffin top ? It is serious business.
Who can say NO to a butter tart ? Not me.
Hence….no mail….no postoffice…no nuttin’…….no postcards.
P.S. I wasn’t paid with liquorice or Hubba Bubba gum or butter tarts to say this about Glaze. Nothing. Nada. Just pure app love.
I am not sure if I should
or kiss her.
Someone is a wee bit addicted to photo apps and I am not mentioning names.
* pointing finger right back in my own face *
* and maybe Janet’s face too xx *
I personally think this app is kicking ass and taking names in the app world. They made this app so easy to create such art.
What is there not to love?
Would you believe you don’t even need to touch a paint brush to do this stuff ? I didn’t go near a bottle of
wine paint to make these photos.
I paid for these paintings with monopoly money. Funny money. You know the kind.
Need more inspiration ? Check out another bloggers take on the Glaze app : iPhoneography with the GLAZE app.
One thing to keep in mind is that you must have an iDevice… iPhone, iPod… to use this app.
If you know of an app that is similar for androids, please share in the comments to help our android friends. Or send them a butter tart. They will be fine.
I have a few other favourite photo apps that you can use on other smart phones too. You can read about those here on the blog : My favourite apps
Want to see more? There are a few more funky painted photos here in my instagram.
Dear Glaze, I love you.
If your name was Blaze, you and I would be on fire.
Dear blog readers, you're welcome.
Send me a butter tart.
How about you ?
What’s your favourite photo app ?
Share with sugar bear.
PS. Click here to enter your email for free weekly blog post updates of cool DIY’s, photo apps, inspiration and epic ideas for your home. I honour your privacy and never share your email addy with anyone. Unless they have butter tarts.