36 ways to know if you had an epic childhood…
1. You knew how to smoke a Popeye cigarette
2. You wore tin foil on your teeth & pretended it was braces.
3. You stuck your tongue on a frozen metal post to test if it would stick. Horribly ~ you discovered that it does.
4. You had an easy bake oven. Nuff said.
5. You wondered how many times that the Roadrunner could truly be blown up.
6. Mini cereal boxes were visions of epic-ness on a weekend morning. What a sweet indulgence of mini box bliss.
7. Dr. Seuss, Cinderella, The Wizard of Oz, Raggedy Ann and Andy, Barbie and Ken….normal. Hansel and Gretel….tragic.
8. You dreamt of running down the aisle on the Price is Right.
9. The smell of crayola crayons.
10. If you wanted to talk on the phone, you had to stand in one place.
11. You lined up the cereal boxes on the table so you didn’t have to look at your brother or sister.
12. If you were lucky enough to have parents with a mobile phone in their car ~ the mobile phone was a box that took up the entire front seat leg room of the car.
13. There was always an enormous ‘hump’ running down the centre interior of every car. You could never sit on it. Unless you enjoyed sitting on a burning pipe.
14. Fireflies in a jar.
15. Pet rocks.
16. The smell of a library book. The little envelope in the back of the book to sign it out.
17. Writing words upside down on your calculator.
18. Your tongue was destroyed on a sharp lollipop. It was worth it.
19. Movies : Jaws meant that you would never swim in an ocean again. E.T phone home. Best movie ever.
20. When you threatened to run away, your Mom offered to pack your bags for you.
21. You had the entire Barbie and Ken set. The armoir, little mini hangers, camper van and unbelievable Barbie outfits. Top drawer awesomeness = Barbie with the pull out pony tail to lengthen her hair.
22. You were a rebel and cut Barbie’s hair. GI Joe didn’t care. He was busy parachuting.
23. The wooden spoon was a weapon to be feared.
24. Soap in the mouth sealed the deal on never swearing again. Near your parents.
25. Little House on the Prairie. Lassie. Superman. Sunday night movie night. All great moments in time.
26. Sunday night supper.
27. Board games.
28. You could play cards for hours on end. Sometimes you cheated.
29. The challenge of getting every single book in the Nancy Drew and Hardy boys series.
30. The word sick actually meant you were sick. (even if you faked it)
31. Shag rugs and carpet rakes.
32. Jumping in puddles after the rain. Looking for worms.
33. LED lights. NOT. Colourful Christmas tree lights. Yes. Tinsel. A real Christmas tree. With random homemade ornaments. Ornaments that didn’t match. Awesome.
34. Old fashioned cars weren’t old-fashioned. They were just cars. Dinky ‘hot wheels’ and model car kits could keep you occupied for hours. Almost as much as Lego.
35. Simon Says.
36. Tag. You’re it.
Can you think of more ? Number it and add it in the comment section. Keep the wave going…..
Just number your comment after the last comment.
Oh. Another childhood memory.
37. Learning to count : One ~ two ~ three ~ twelve ~ sixteen ~ thirty two.