P.S. You’re RAD.
Lynne Knowlton Interview:
This blog contains laughter, tears, adult content & sexual language. Basically, all the good stuff.
Just for kicks, I thought I’d wake up and torture myself this morning with an interview. Yup. That’s right. I thought I’d interview myself.
Who’s a weird-o now? Don’t answer that. It wasn’t a real question.
1. Okay Lynne (haha)… before you begin to write a blog post, do you have any pre-blogging rituals or practices?I surf unimportant things on the net. Next, I waste an hour or two on buzzfeed quizzes trying to discover what kind of pizza I am. Priorities, people. Then and only then, do I get to overthinking about what I’m going to write.
2. What about the end of your day? What happens?I’m a mush ball of exhaustion. What can I say? I’m f’n ancient. I catch up on movies or an entire TV series. THIS IS US is amazing <– Also, I’m in love with Jack. The Bridge. LOVED it (even though I thought I would hate it, because it has subtitles.) Netflix is my homey. My faves are The Last Kingdom, Frankie and Grace, The Fall, Doctor Foster and I’m catching up on all Greys Anatomy seasons since the beginning of time.
3. Do you prefer any particular music (or silence) while you write?I love silence. If anyone is breathing nearby, I ask them to stop. Because it’s distracting.
4. How do you organize your thoughts?In my iPhone NOTES folder. Sounds like a great plan, right? Wrong. I have about 3843-924738940737 notes annnnnd all of them are in iCloud. The cloud? The cloud?!!!????? No one understands the cloud. I know it’s way up there somewhere, but I can’t quite get my arms around it. I re-read my notes. Again. And again. I come to the conclusion that either a lunatic has been getting into my notes or I need to lay off the Wild Turkey. It’s at this point that someone gets an overactive bladder. Not mentioning any names.
5. Where do you write?
In bed(!?) Does that seem like a professional answer? Because it’s the real one.
6. What’s the worst and best part about blogging?Organizing the photos. I have about 59 gazillion photos in my photos library. Scrolling through my photos, my mind drifts to….WTF is this photo?! It is uhhhhgaleeee. Who cares. It’s in focus. Want to know how I edit them all? I’ll teach you how to pop those photos out like a chip in a tube of Pringles.
Sign up and be the first to get on the waitlist for my upcoming course AKA ebook of epic-ness. It’s a quick downloadable ebook, full of my insider photo secrets. My fave tools. What equipment I use. Step-by-step instructions. Instantly actionable. Totally do-able.
7. What camera equipment do you use?
- Cabernet Sauvignon. Joking. Not joking.
- My fave big girl camera is this one. I started using the Canon DSLR a couple of years ago, and haven’t looked back.
- I’m a big fan of this wide angle lens, especially for shooting small spaces ( like the treehouse, cabin and airstream.)
- I really love this wee pancake lens for taking close up shots with an oh.la.la. blurry background.
SHOP MY EQUIPMENT:
How’s the interview going? Are you so bored right now?Should I be a little less truthful? Is this like putting lipstick on a pig? Don’t.answer.that.one.either. This is an official interview. Questions and answers happen at the end. hahahahahaa.
8. Which blog posts are your faves?
- These DIYs are sahhhweet. PS. Is there such a thing as amber bottles anonymous? I need to sign up for that. I’m obsessed.
- These free knitting patterns are d’bomb diggity.
- This one is sad, but still my fave (because I love the video of Michael.)
9. What’s one consistent thing you wear every day?Bali jewelry. I love the story behind the jewelry. Bali has a beautiful story to tell and I love the feel of wearing it. You can shop the jewelry here on the blog.
10. How do you have so much energy?Slow down go go gadget. Do you really want to know all my secrets? Vitamins. The older I get the bigger the handful of vitamins gets. I’m like a badass senior citizen. My fave vitamin? Vitamin W.
I love wine. Not in a wine way. In an antioxidant way.
11. What’s your workspace like?
12. Do you like sports?Uhm. No. Lunching is my favourite sport. I have three hobbies. Breakfast lunch and dinner.
13. Why a blog?Blogging has a way of making someone look wayyyy cooler than they really are. Except me. I’m totally cool. Don’t get all research-y and fact check that on the interwebs. I think the internet is broken today. Where were we? Blogging. Blogging is not all coffee and flowers. Yeah, I’m looking at you too, Instagram. It can all be scary. Verwy. Verwy. Scary. Hello overwhelm.
Today, I was as useful as the letter G in lasagna.My absolute fave part about blogging is YOU. I love sending love notes to my blog subscribers on Fridays. It’s floats my boat and butters my bread. I just love having some fun with my email ‘newsletters.’ <– I hate that word. I feel honoured to be in your email inbox, so I make it pretty spectacular.
Want to start a blog?
Hint: You may want to have a glass of liquid fermented grapes while considering such a career move. You can not, and I repeat NOT be a giant pansy if you want to have a blog. This kind of work is like being a navy seal on the internet. I have no idea what I just said. Just write. Write. Write again. Write some more. A lot of wine will be rescued from bottles during this phase.
- Here’s my inside scoop on my fave blogging resources, tools and all that jazz.